Thursday, December 10, 2009

Funny email

Lol...just saw this email in my uni inbox & found it so cute.

The chemical plant name is Taiko! Haha..sounds so 'Tai Kor' (big brother in cantonese, usually means boss). But the 1st time I see it, I tot it was 'Tako Chemical'...I laughed at it for awhile then only I realized I saw wrongly...lol...my eye sight really got problem.

Anyway, today I had a lab session with some minor accident happened. I didn't notice my finger suddenly changing colour to yellow & a small part of it turns to red. At 1st, I tot its nothing, but later my supervisor, Ms. Lim, saw & asked me faster go wash with water. Then only I realized its getting a bit pain coz my finger is actually corroding. I was in contact with 10Molar of NaOH (Sodium hydroxide) without gloves. I rinsed my finger for more than 5 mins & the colour started to fade. Luckily it didn't corrode too deep, just a little bit swollen. Damn wasted, didn't manage to take a pic to show the difference. Then Ms. Lim told me if I didn't rinse in time, my finger would have turned to soap due to the chemical reaction of fats with NaOH. Haha..so this lesson taught me that 'prevention is better than cure'. Lol...dun think dirty pls =P

No comments:

Post a Comment